What is Sculptra?
Sculptra Aesthetic is poly-L-lactic acid or PLLA. PLLA has been used for years in dissolvable stitches and medical implants and is biocompatible, it will not harm your body. PLLA works by gradually replacing the lost collagen. Unlike other dermal fillers, PLLA does not immediately "fill" the wrinkle or fold like other products but stimulates your body to produce its own collagen. The results are natural and can last up to 25 months which is longer than most other dermal fillers.
Is Sculptra Aesthetic Right For You?
Sculptra Aesthetic is used in people with healthy immune systems as one-time treatment regimen of up to 4 injection sessions that are scheduled about 3 weeks apart. The treatments are scheduled weeks apart because Sculptra Aesthetic gradually replaces lost collagen to restore a natural-looking appearance.
Where Can You Use Sculptra?
- Sculptra Aesthetic is not for use in the lips
- Sculptra Aesthetic is not recommended for use around the eyes
- Sculptra Aesthetic has been tested on nasolabial wrinkles (smile lines) and folds
Are patients satisfied with Sculptra Aesthetic?
While individual results may vary, Sculptra is a long term anti-aging treatment that can last up to two years.
- 84.9% of patients were satisfied at 13 months
- 80.0% were satisfied at 25 months